For all general enquiries related to this website, please email:
If you’d like to arrange a visit to the Labour History Archive & Study Centre:
Based at the People’s History Museum, the archive is open Monday to Friday from 10.00am until 5.00pm, with a lunchtime closure between 12.30pm-1.30pm. The archive is closed at weekends and public holidays. Visits by appointment.
- To make an appointment please use this enquiry form, detailing the material you would like to research. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please ring or email the archive as soon as possible.
- Lockers are available for use just outside the reading room for a £1 returnable deposit.
- Food and drink is not allowed in the reading room, but a full range of refreshments can be found in The Left Bank cafe bar on the ground floor of the museum.
- Access to the archive collections is governed by certain guidelines and procedures – for further information please see the Using the Collections page.
- Groups are welcome to book an Introduction to Archives session through the museum’s Learning Team. For these sessions we can offer a guide to the collections and a tour of the archive itself. For more information and to arrange a session, please use the Learning Team’s online enquiry form or call the museum on 0161 838 9190 and ask for the Learning Team.
- Treat yourself to 15% off in The Left Bank cafe bar and 10% off in the museum shop when researching in the Labour History Archive & Study Centre.